Sunday, October 04, 2009

Weekend Summary

Did I not tell you ppl I'm not used to being a blogger? Well I forgot to blog or even take pics coz I know ppl love picture-ful blogs.
I've not been feeling well.
Thursday:
Spur of the moment decision took me and Rashed to Dubai. I swear I have other friends even though it may seem like Rashed is my only friend hahaha. What to do? We just click really really well.


I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we were both born in the same year and in the same month and wait for it.... Wait for it - same day! In fact after some motherly investigations we found out that there are only about 2 to 3 hours between us. He is older (technically only hahaha :p ).

He was kind enough to drive there as I felt like simply sitting back and letting someone else drive (at least going coz I drove back).
We had an early relaxed dinner at The Butcher in Mall of the Emirates (great reasonable steak house, we weren't looking for anything reasonable but the location was convenient as we did not want to move around too much and by reasonable I mean the bill for 2 steals, 2 appetizers was 450 AED or about U$D125). From there we relaxed at AlMaz by Momo Restaurant & Chillax lounge with some sheesha and coffee. Then we drove back and immediately slept. Work has been grinding me into pulverized Wagyu beef burgers but NO PAIN - NO GAIN. That's what I say (at least to get me through the day haha).

Friday:
Left Abu Dhabi at 4pm heading exactly 145km north of Abu Dhabi to Dubai Mall to meet my metro friends (metro as in the ppl mentioned(pictured too) early on in my blog who I joined on Dubai's mass rapid transport friends - not as in metrosexual haha). We met at Armani Caffe / Dubai.
I had a doppio ristretto, a chicken salad sandwich which I was not impressed with and tiramissu. I was not impressed with the sandwich because :
1- I should have a choice of brown or grain bread - only white is unacceptable.
2- There should be absolutely NO chicken cartlidge left in by mistake.
3- The rucola was absolutely tasteless.
One would expect more from a panini at Armani Caffe and for the price they charge.
My mistake was not mentioning it to the waiter. The good company made me forget honestly.
The tirramisu was ok, a little vague. I prefer my little sister's version way more.
The ristretto was delicious as always.
After that we went to a local coffee shop for sheesha and card playing. Let me tell you , there was some intense card playing. I like the fact that after playing cards I feel like I have metaphorically made my brain lift weights and do push ups. Maybe one should take in an hour of card playing before work every morning? I will definitely suggest this to my manager the next time I see him. I'm not joking, he's cool and I'm cool.

Saturday:
I found myself wanting to head back to Dubai for a carbon copy of Friday! And I did except Mansoor and I first proceeded to The Noodle House (super favorite restaurant) at Emirates Towers then to the coffee shop. Card playing was super intense, a friendly fight broke out which lead to one of our friends leaving instantly. He's ok, I called him up later. But I found out such scenarios happen no more than once a month (has it anything to do with the time of month or lunar calendar? I must investigate).

Saturday night-
A weekend gone and week coming. Must brace myself till next Wednesday evening.

Good night and enjoy the retarted guy's method of attracting attention(pic).

7 comments:

  1. -@ Weekend: That was a busy weekend homey, but I guess for an outgoing guy like you it's a typical weekend? correct me if I'm wrong. You know this is a 1 year activities plan for me LOL.

    -@ Rashed: Having Rashed by your side you can never go wrong, either you went to Dubai or SK you won't find a better companion.

    -@ Pic: No wonder BB's network is so out of control these days it's not reliable anymore, everyone is buying it like there's no tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not typical but definitely frequent.

    Etisalat has the right to limit BB activations if their network cannot support it. As long as they activate a BB they have to support it in terms of efficiency and performance. They are simply doing a sloppy job. As usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, I don't think Etisalat would ever say that they are not capable of doing something, they prefer to sell the service get the money and as usual if anything goes wrong they'll just stay quiet and won't comment. I don't remember if I have ever told you that I know one guy that ordered a 4mb DSL line and kept using it for months until he discovered that his apartment isn't actually ready "infrastructure wise" to receive a 4mb line.

    If only du wakes up and gets involved in the competition "maybe" things would have been different by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clozar, that friend is me!! except villa not apartment.
    I upgraded to 4mb the day they announced it. I called up, asked if my area was 4mb read and they said yes. Ordered it, got the confirmation sms 2 days later. 4 months later it eventually worked!!!! They made a mistake in wiring ini the house. Took them 4 months and approximately 15 visits to find out. They requested I sent a complaint to the Finance division via fax for a refund on the 4 months. I did, i got nothing.

    I think this blog will turn into " incompetent Etisalat blog "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I remember your issue with Etisalat, the other guy is a friend @ work. It seems they did it with a couple of customers without being caught and though it was ok, LOL.

    Incompetent Etisalat blog? I don't think so, I'll call it "Constructive Criticism" kila wala 3mtna Etisalat, n7na wain nroo7 lo mob Etisalat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway, its not feasible (creating/maitning the etisalat blog). Thats a full time job :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol i was scrolling down the page and "little sister" caught my eye, haha i never knew you secretly admired me, its quite flattering i must say :P But yes, armani caffe is overrated. ive tried the tiramisu and with a lot of confidence i can say mine is much much better. The same goes for the panna cotta, it was rather bland and mine puts it to shame.

    ReplyDelete